We are looking for a talented Content Creator + Graphic Designer to join our team. That means, we want one person who can do both! See below.
JOLYN is an athletic swimwear and activewear brand that focuses on designing uniquely fun, high-quality products for female athletes.
We are looking for a full-time, in-office, experienced content creator to be part of JOLYN's creative team. The position is responsible for creating innovative media and graphics that embody our aesthetic and company culture. > Jolynclothing.com @jolynclothing
The Content Creator must be: imaginative, talented, a clear communicator, a team player, and a Smart Creative who can deliver world-class creative work. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction and the capacity to move quickly while delivering high-quality work. You will work closely with our Creative Director and small focused digital marketing and design teams.
We are looking for someone who is curious in life and always wants to learn and grow. You have a beyond-the-basic understanding of the athletic and fashion industries. You’re a storyteller with an eye for fun + slightly edgy imagery and graphics. You love graphic design. Your friends describe you as RAD.
Our office is located in Huntington Beach, CA.
Salary is commensurate with experience, we know we need to be competitive to attract great talent.
- Develop, optimize and post original content, including collateral, website, blogs, ads, social, email and a variety of value-add content pieces
- Work autonomously or with the Creative Director to brainstorm, strategize and develop content ideation and timely execution of creative projects and deliverables
- Coordinate and manage product photoshoots for online webstore
- Participate actively in team review sessions
- Work with digital marketing manager to optimize content based on analytics, and make recommendations to improve performance
- Help develop, communicate and execute on content plans and social campaigns
- Update and maintain all sales content across the brand rep sales team as well as create and manage newsletters for their specific territories
- Brainstorm new, exciting ways to showcase our product and customers through compelling visuals on social media and our branded website
- Generate content for videos, articles, digital and more to be used on websites and social media
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of branding and sales generating campaigns
- Collaborate on and execute photo creation for the digital landscape including product and lifestyle imagery
- Help update and maintain website imagery
- Assist with influencer outreach program and social media growth
- Develop and execute social media calendar to be in line with our product launches, sales and/or seasons
- Assist Creative Director with producing and scheduling travel for trips and photoshoots
- Work with designer in scaling, color manipulation and repeating textile prints and organizing print process through production approvals
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of graphic design work experience
- 3+ years content creator work experience
- Must have completed Associate’s degree or higher
- Knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms and tools
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills and should be knowledgeable on the whole Adobe CC suite
- Working knowledge of branding, composition and layout, color, typeface selection, color separation, and other design fundamentals
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple project details, work independently and take initiative in suggesting new ideas
- Experience developing a product from concept to finished good
- Ability to thrive and prioritize tasks in a fast paced and growing company environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with individuals at both peer and management levels
- Access to your own transportation for occasional errands to and from vendors in Los Angeles with a working driver’s license
- Proficiency in Excel, Google docs + spreadsheets
- Have an eye for product and lifestyle photography
A degree in Graphic Design or Marketing
Brand Strategy experience
Experience working with sublimation contractors
Marketing experience in an e-commerce environment
Experience with Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram as an customer acquisition channel
Experience working in apparel taking a graphic garment from development to finished product
Ability to write effective copy
- To write engaging content for campaigns and use across a number of channels
- Write, proofread, and edit copy for monthly digital promotions, brand websites, microsites, landing pages, digital catalogs/brochures, blogs, social media, customer e-newsletters and video
- Work closely with the copy, translations and deslgn teams to ensure brand messaging and ethos is appropriately communicated across cultural boundaries and language
Lastly, we are looking for a friendly and caring team player who lives, breathes, eats and dreams social media, marketing, and creative graphic design. We want you to grow and evolve with our quickly expanding company and add your unique flavor and style to our team.
If this sounds like you, please send us the following information:
1) ONE PAGE PDF of your portfolio showcasing best creative examples, preferably ones on brand with JOLYN's aesthetic.
Title it: yourname-portfolio.pdf
2) Your resume. Include salary history and compensation requirements.
Title it: yourname-resume.pdf
3) ONE PAGE PDF of why you like content creation and what you think you can bring to the table.
Name it yourname-whyme.pdf
Send the above to email@example.com with the subject line: CONTENT CREATOR
Position is available immediately. There will be a 90 day evaluation period to determine permanent position. If hired, salary will be commensurate with ability, experience, growth, interest.
Job Type: Full-time at our offices in Huntington Beach, CA
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org