UCSB Grad/ Aspiring Sales/Marketing Professional/ Cancer & Ocean Advocate/ Lifestyle Blogger/ Corgi & Coffee Addict
- What is your favorite workout or gym exercise: I've only taken one class, but it's already my favorite: aerial yoga. When I first asked my sister if she wanted to take the class with me she thought I meant Ariel yoga like The Little Mermaid. Needless to say, I LOVED the class! It was a great workout both physically and emotionally since we spent a solid portion of the class laughing at how we all looked like suspended Spidermen.
- What are 3 things on your bucket list: 1. Kayak underneath the Golden Gate Bridge 2. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 3. See the Northern Lights
- If you were 60 years old, what would you tell your children: Learn to love yourself, ask for help, find the good in each day, prioritize your passions, and don't forget to call home ;)
- What's your favorite JOLYN color: Papaya
- What's your favorite JOLYN style and why: My favorite JOLYN style is a triangle top paired with a different colored brazilian bottom. For instance, Papaya on top and Mango on bottom. The two bursts of color aren't matchy-matchy like your average bikini, and create a stand-out look at the pool or beach.
- If you had to be an animal, what would you be and why: An elephant! I have always been passionate about elephants. They have incredibly strong kin groups and deep show of emotion. Did you know baby elephants throw themselves trunk first in the mud when they are having a temper tantrum? I think that's hilarious and something I would totally do! I hold the cause DSWT close to my heart because of my love for elephants. DSWT is one of the most successful orphan-elephant rescue and rehabilitation programs in the world and a huge advocate for wildlife conservation and habitat protection in East Africa. If you want to learn more, I definitely recommend reading An African Love Story: The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.
- What activities do you do in JOLYN: Blog collaboration
- What is something that nobody knows about you: I was born left-handed, until my pre-school switched me over to being right-handed because it was more "ladylike." Because of that my handwriting, drawing, and even hand-eye coordination are slightly "wrong" in a way that make them all incredibly "right" and unique to me.
- What would you spend your last $10 on: A dark chocolate carmel sea salt chocolate bar from Trader Joe's and an almond milk latte from Caje in Isla Vista, CA. Om nom nom!
- What is your signature dish in the kitchen: Brachos!!! Aka breakfast + nachos. My boyfriend and I came up with these while we were both in college. Your basic brachos consist of tortilla chips pilled high with scrambled eggs, cheese, pico de gallo, chorizo or bacon (or both!), salsa, and avocado. Ultimate comfort food.
- What is the hardest thing you've ever experienced: The night before I left for my freshmen year of college, my dad was diagnosed with stage IV appendix cancer and given a couple of months to live. Balancing my new studies, family, fears, new college friendships, and a breakup that first year near about broke my spirit, but I made it through. Four years later, and after many up's and down's, my dad is a healthy, badass cancer fighter and advocate. I couldn't be prouder of him, and am especially honored to call him my dad.
- What is your favorite holiday destination: Lake Tahoe hands-down! My family owns a cabin up at north shore, and I vacation there whenever possible. I love bouldering, SUPing, hiking, kayaking, skiing, or just spending a day at the beach with family and friends.
- What's your favorite beach that you have been to: Goleta Beach near Santa Barbara, CA. The beach was right next to UCSB, and when I was in college, I would go there all the time to hang with friends, rent a kayak/SUP, walk the pier, or catch a killer sunset.
- What beach is on your list to go to: Playa de la Catedrales in Spain! The beach is full of stunning rock formations that resemble church cathedral archways. Can't wait to check it off my bucket lis someday!
- What is your most embarrassing moment you're willing to admit: Honestly, my whole life is a collection of embarrassing moments. I am SUCH a spazz! I trip, fall, and spill on myself all the time. My own friends and family took bets on whether or not I would trip walking across the stage at my own college graduation (plot twist I didn't!).
Jen is a really awesome blogger who also did an interview with our founder/CEO Warren Pedersen on her site jengenuine.com Definitely check it out HERE.
As well as a photoshoot of her and her sister and her friends in JOLYN. (shown below)